Download LineageOS ROM for Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge (for SM-G920F, SM-G920T, SM-G920W8, SM-G920I, SM-G925F, SM-G925T, SM-G925W8, SM-G925I)
Before installation, you will need to following:
- Make sure you have latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow bootloader. If you have Android 6.0.1 on your phone already and never rooted, you already have this. If you have a rooted phone and you don’t have Android 6.0.1 official update yet, you can unroot using ODIN and stock firmware. (See Galaxy S6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware or Galaxy S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.)
- Make sure to root and install TWRP recovery, you can use our guide on How to Root Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Once you have Android 6.0.1 firmware with root and TWRP recovery, you can install the ROM.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See our universal fail-proof method on installing custom ROM and boot the first time!
- Install Pixel Launcher – Want to make it look exactly like a real Pixel smartphone? Grab the Pixel Launcher APK and install. (See tutorial on how to install Pixel Launcher here.)
- Install Google Assistant – Want to get the same Google Assistant like a real Pixel smartphone? This is one of the biggest features of the Pixel phone and you can get it on the Note 3! (See tutorial on how to install Google Assistant here.)
- AdAway – Block annoying Ads!
- Titanium Backup App – Backup and Restore all of your apps with data!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.