Step 5. Power off your phone then hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons together for about 5 seconds until you see a warning screen like below:
Hit the Volume Up key to put your phone into ODIN Download mode then connect a microUSB cable from your phone to your computer. You will need a Windows computer or use VMWare to run Windows on Mac or Linux.
Step 6. Download all the files you need for rooting.
- Download SuperSU v2.52 ZIP (do not unzip) – Link
- Download ODIN ZIP (unzip into a folder) – Link
- Download Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/Note 5 USB Drivers – Link
- Download SpaceX Kernel for YOUR MODEL – Link (file ending in tar.md5)
- Download TWRP for YOUR MODEL (do not use the one off TWRP’s main site at TWRP.ME as they are not yet compatible with Marshmallow) – Link (file ending in tar.md5)
You can see I choose the SM-G920F folder for SpaceX Kernel and TWRP recovery below since I have SM-G920F model number.
Download both the kernel and TWRP files ending in “tar.md5”.
Step 7. Double-click on the ODIN exe file to run ODIN program.
Step 8. Make sure you see a blue highlighted box with a random COM number. If you don’t see this, that means you don’t have the proper drivers installed so go ahead and run the driver EXE file then disconnect/reconnect your microUSB cable.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.