Step 5. Power off your phone then hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons together for about 5 seconds until you see a warning screen like below:
Hit the Volume Up key to put your phone into ODIN Download mode then connect a microUSB cable from your phone to your computer. You will need a Windows computer or use VMWare to run Windows on Mac or Linux.
Step 6. Download all the files you need for rooting.
- Download SuperSU v2.52 ZIP (do not unzip) – Link
- Download ODIN ZIP (unzip into a folder) – Link
- Download Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/Note 5 USB Drivers – Link
- Download SpaceX Kernel for YOUR MODEL – Link (file ending in tar.md5)
- Download TWRP for YOUR MODEL (do not use the one off TWRP’s main site at TWRP.ME as they are not yet compatible with Marshmallow) – Link (file ending in tar.md5)
You can see I choose the SM-G920F folder for SpaceX Kernel and TWRP recovery below since I have SM-G920F model number.
Download both the kernel and TWRP files ending in “tar.md5”.
Step 7. Double-click on the ODIN exe file to run ODIN program.
Step 8. Make sure you see a blue highlighted box with a random COM number. If you don’t see this, that means you don’t have the proper drivers installed so go ahead and run the driver EXE file then disconnect/reconnect your microUSB cable.
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.