For those of you who want to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, you will want to follow a different root method as Google has changed how rooting works with newer Android 5.1.1. Due to Android 5.1.1 changes, you can no longer root your S6 or S6 Edge without causing it to soft-brick. But there’s a work-around, this goes back to the days of older Android ICS and Gingerbread where we flash a modified kernel to make root possible. It’s unfortunate that the newer Android 5.1.1 makes rooting more complex but it is still doable with a custom kernel.
Join HighOnAndroid G+ Community!
Like Us on Facebook!
- LineageOS ROM for Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge! [Android 7.1.1][Nougat]
- Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge! [Nemesis ROM]
- How to Convert Galaxy S6/S6 Edge into Galaxy S7/S7 Edge!
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Stock Firmwares for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F!
- Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Stock Firmwares Updated!